Tuesday 30 September 2014

Teaching Ideas- The Question Coat


In our History sessions, we often look at ways in which we can address aspects of good history teaching. Our new AT, Chris Gore, shared this technique, that he uses with his class.

He writes...

Hi everyone,

As promised to my PGP4006 History groups (L7, L8 and School’s Direct), I have finally remembered to bring my white laboratory technician’s coat home from school with me. Firstly, as you can see, I am not particularly photogenic at 4:00pm on a Friday afternoon but here is a visual representation of the shirt with key questions adorning the front, back and sleeves as well as being decorated with question marks. I encourage the children to use their investigation shirts across the curriculum as much as possible, particularly within the Foundation Subjects as well as during our investigations as “Super Scientists” in Science.

As I mentioned previously during the sessions, the idea is a source of enjoyment, creativity and a sense of autonomy for the children and is warmly received whenever we have visitors in school and into our classroom.

If you have an interesting History teaching idea that you would like to share with us, please get in touch and leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment